Backstretch Bingo Day 6: New Warmup

New Warmup: Try a new warmup routine before your run. Looking for ideas? Here are some options:

Did an early morning warm-up in the park before my sunrise run :slight_smile:

Warmup jump squats, clean & press, and single leg deadlifts using my favorite calico cat instead of kettlebells. No cats were harmed in the course of warmup.

2 Likes

Tried a warmup run from peloton today,

Uploading: IMG_7461.jpeg…
Any warm-up is a new Warm-up for us, sadly.
Jamie is also sporting his Ithaca High School track and field sweatshirt.

2 Likes

Have been doing this warmup the past two days including the Frankenstein walk. Next time around I may do the Thriller as well just to confuse the heck out of Belle Sherman dogs being walked and their humans. Prerun Warmup | 5-Minute Warmup to Do Before Running

No picture, but I did some leg swings and a 1 mile walk before my run today. Since I usually don’t warm up at all, this was definitely new!

1 Like

I also tend to subscribe to the running warmup is the only type of warmup or no warmup club, but I did some leg swings before my run yesterday

I generally do at least leg swings before running, plus a lunge matrix if I have time and room, but I’ve added nerve glides to my warmup as a test to see if they help with some of my calf issues. I feel a little silly focusing on such a simple exercise but I’m happy to try nearly anything.

I’m fairly new to “running” just for running’s sake. Throughout being a kid, school sports, college, etc, running was always what we did TO warm up. I’ve taken to doing a few leg swings and some quick dynamic stretching, but for the most part I just try and dial it back a little for the first mile to give my joints a chance to warm up. I know I should be probably taking some of these running focused exercises more seriously, but I always just tell myself that I’ll start doing that tomorrow. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that struggles with this.

@lizhartman Thanks for sharing those warm up ideas, I’ve been incorporating and felt great!

1 Like

Tried a new warm up before running on the assault treadmill today. There was some minor interference from a friend.

2 Likes