CANCELED: MITHACAL MILERS XC workout 10/26 at 6 PM at the Cornell Botanic Gardens

It’s crazy out there, so I’m canceling tonight’s workout. If you’re home, stay there. If you’re not, I encourage you to go home as soon as you can, preferably while it’s light. Be careful when driving, since there is water over the road in numerous places. The intersection at East Hill Plaza is completely flooded.

Tompkins County just posted this:

The Tompkins County Department of Emergency Response is monitoring weather conditions across the region, as an early-season Nor’easter will result in periods of heavy rain through this evening.

Localized flash flooding is possible, with the National Weather Service issuing a Flash Flood Warning for northeastern Tompkins County until 6:30pm. Rain will become lighter tonight, before ending completely by daybreak Wednesday.

The Tompkins County 911 Center has fielded several calls for flooded roadways and basements, and lakefront property along Cayuga Lake is likely to experience flood conditions.

Flash flooding is unpredictable. Stay alert, avoid any unnecessary travel, and do not attempt to cross a roadway with standing water……”Turn Around, Don’t Drown.”

If it’s anything like Vestal at the moment, it’s really coming down. Picked up both kids from school and each time it felt like I was sitting in the car wash. Stay safe and dry, everyone!

After buying shoes at Ian’s I took them for a test run at Treman. One hell of a wet run. Totally awesome flooding, gorge steps a river.FLT tons of water flooding trails. Some trees down the largest being on rim trail. Tons of fun

1 Like