Just because folks seem to be into challenges, how about doing all seven “central” (i.e., close to Ithaca) races within a week or a day, with the addition that motorized vehicles should not be used to get from one race to the next (excepting public transportation). I don’t think I could do it myself within the short time frame, but sticking to biking or running to get to these seven races seems like a good idea generally.
Interesting idea for the @Challengers! Such a heptathlon would be 41.8 miles or 67.3 kilometers:
- East Hill Rec Way (1 mile)
- Cornell Botanic Gardens (2.4 miles)
- Waterfront Trail (3.1 miles)
- Tortoise & Hare (5.4 miles)
- South Hill Rec Way (6.8 miles)
- Black Diamond Trail (10 miles)
- Pseudo Skunk Cabbage (13.1 miles)
Here’s what I suggest. Anyone who completes the FLRC Challenge Heptathlon should post back here with the number of days it took them to complete all seven courses and how they navigated between courses, along with the number of miles of extra bike or run commuting. Then we can compare performances and be impressed with what each person has achieved.