Final Sunday Skunkday group run on Sunday, 3/28 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

It’s your last chance to preview the Skunk Cababge course before race day in our final low-key Sunday Skunkday run of 2023. We’ll meet inside the front doors of Barton Hall (facing Teagle Hall, where the Skunk 10K starts) on Sunday at 8:30 AM. At 8:45 AM, we’ll introduce ourselves and then split up into rough pace and distance groups and run the Skunk course, more or less.

You can go as long or short as you want, and it’s fine to do different loops and distances. Some possibilities:

Please vote in the polls below to help newcomers see that they’ll have company.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-up-minute pace
  • Hiking pace

0 voters

• ~4 miles
  • ~6 miles
  • ~8 miles
  • ~10 miles
  • ~13 miles

0 voters

As always, everyone is welcome, as long as you have signed the FLRC Training Programs waiver once for 2023.

Unless there’s a big Cornell event, there’s usually plenty of free (on Sunday) parking in the Crescent Lot east of Schoellkopf Stadium or in Cornell’s parking garage.

Any questions, just ask!

I’ve appreciated people coming to these runs. In wintery weather, it makes all the difference in getting me out the door. Plus, I like coming home while it’s still early and eating “second breakfast” like a stack of pancakes or breakfast nachos. (In my fantasy world, a food truck follows me and my friends around at all times. In that world, “second breakfast” would be on Garden Avenue and in Barton Hall.) (Maybe there can “monkey cakes” sometime in 2023! If you see me on the run and don’t know what that is, ask!)

1 Like

It looks like there is a Cornell event charging for parking in the Crescent lot today, so look for different parking in the parking garage or on Tower Road or on Garden Avenue.

Thank you to Tonya, Caroline, and @tootoughtom for showing me the ropes today! I had a ball getting to know you and the modified race course. I look forward to another run together!

2 Likes

Big group on an awfully nice day for running!

2 Likes