Finger Lakes Runners Club Scholarship
Note that the application deadline has been extended
The Finger Lakes Runners Club is proud to announce the following scholarship program:
- Two unrestricted $1,000 scholarships to be awarded to two deserving high school seniors who participated on their school’s cross-country and/or track & field teams.
- Eligible students must reside in Tompkins or a surrounding county.
- FLRC membership is not required.
- To apply, applicants must submit a letter describing their academic, extracurricular and running achievements. Include any plans you may have for a running career beyond high school and the personal benefits you have gained by participating in the sport.
- Applicants should include two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher and one from a coach. Please do not send complete transcripts or additional material for consideration as these will not be reviewed. Email application material to firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail them to:
FLRC Scholarship Committee
Attn: Lorrie Tily
P.O. Box 185
Locke, NY 13092
Identification of Recipient
- The Scholarship Committee must receive scholarship applications by Friday, MAY 15, 2020. Committee members to review submissions and identify recipients by JUNE 1, 2020
- Recipients may be asked to present their scholarship application materials to the FLRC Board.