First call for FLRC’s June 28th track meet at Lansing High School

With my VP of Track hat on, I’m pleased to announce that we’ll be kicking off FLRC’s summer track series on June 28th at 6 PM at Lansing High School. (The next two meets are July 19th and August 16th.) The events will be the 100m, 800m, 400m, and 1600m—FLRC Challenge runners can submit times in that last one for their Sweet 1600 course. We’ll also have a 4x200m relay that you’ll sign up for at the meet. If you’d like to join the highly amiable track volunteer crew, email me.

Register today!

If you’ve never run a track meet before, or never run one of ours, check out our First-Timer’s FAQ for Track Meets.

Some things are new for 2022:

• Due to complaints about DirectAthletics, we’re doing registration via MileSplit this year. It’s what the schools in the area use, and while it’s different from DA, it should be easier in the end.
  • You will need to set up an account with MileSplit, but parents can add multiple kids to their account so it should be easier for families.
  • Our meet fee for 2022 is $10 for non-FLRC members, $5 for FLRC members (so join today!), and $2 per runner for teams and clubs. For anyone who wouldn’t be able to participate otherwise, we now have a Financial Aid division that waives the meet fee entirely.

We’re still learning MileSplit too, but here are some tips to get started:

• Look for the green Register Online Now button in the upper-right corner.
  • Individuals should read/watch How do I enter an individual in a meet?
  • Club coaches should read/watch How do I enter my team into a meet?
  • If you need help, contact MileSplit support at registration@milesplit.com.
  • All individuals register as Unattached; teams are only for clubs attending as a group.
  • Families should register as individuals; please do not create a team for your family.
  • MileSplit is school-focused, so just go with the request for your high school year when creating an athlete, even if it’s a long time ago.
  • Choose a division based on what you’ll be paying: Non-FLRC Member if you aren’t a club member, FLRC Member if you are, and Financial Aid if a fee would prevent you from participating. The gender of the division doesn’t matter because we combine everything.
  • When entering seed (estimated finish) times, enter anything for the Meet Name where you theoretically ran the seed time.
  • You can always log in again to change your seed times or events.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask MileSplit support and cc me at ace@tidbits.com so I can see where you’re getting stuck.

Looking forward to seeing lots of people on the Lansing track on June 28th!

Sorry about this, folks, but I’ve edited the post above because we’ve been forced to change the location for this meet from Ithaca High School back to Lansing High School.