FLRC and MITHACAL MILERS workouts for the week of December 7th

Our in-person MITHACAL MILERS workout is back this week, so we’ll be meeting in the usual spot in the Arboretum on Tuesday at 12:15 PM. At some point, Cornell will stop allowing cars in, at which point the best place to part is probably along Forest Home Drive by Flatrock.

The Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt continues apace, and I recommend checking out each week’s posts for some wonderfully silly photos. I’m particularly amused by the various contortions people employ in their photos to meet the spirit of the hunt. Join the fun!

Middle Distance Workouts (5K to 15K)

• Workout: We’re going to combine a yo-yo workout with some alternations this week. The fast part of the yo-yo will be 1 minute for the first hard bit, then everyone turns and jogs back to whoever happens to be at the back until the group reforms, then 2 minutes hard for the second part, before the group reforms again. We’ll do 4 sets of that for about 12 minutes of speed.

If you’re doing this on your own, run 1 minute hard, followed by a 1-minute rest, 2 minutes hard with a 2-minute rest, and so on. Aim for I pace.

• Long Run: 25-30% of your weekly mileage at E pace

Long Distance Workouts (Half Marathon to Marathon)

• Workout: Marathoners can do a broken tempo run this week, with 4-6 reps of 10 minutes at M pace with 1 minute of jogging recovery between each rep.

• Long Run: 25-30% of your weekly mileage at E pace

Resources

Adam, et al: from what I saw during this morning’s dog walk: Arboretum roads are closed.

FWIW
Bob

1 Like