FLRC and MITHACAL MILERS workouts for the week of November 9th

Remember, noontime MITHACAL MILERS workouts are free and open to all FLRC members. If you haven’t yet joined us, please note that registration is required. Workouts are Tuesdays at 12:15 PM at the Arboretum and will continue with the same sort of workouts we’ve been running all fall.

If you have visited the Binghamton/Endicott or Elmira/Horseheads areas (or any of the other NYS hotspots) in the last 14 days, please run on your own!

Middle Distance Workouts (5K to 15K)

• MITHACAL MILERS: I have to work (covering Apple’s next big announcement) on Tuesday, so FLRC board member Bill Watson will be taking attendance, checking that everyone is healthy, and explaining the workout. It will be another yo-yo workout, with 6 by 2-minute reps. For each rep, everyone will go out hard and the group will spread out. At 2 minutes (time yourself or keep an eye on the person ahead of you), turn around and jog back to the runners behind you—whoever happens to be last is the anchor and doesn’t need to turn around. When the entire group has reassembled, start the next rep. This should work out to 6 by 2 minutes, with a few minutes of recovery. I recommend keeping the course simple on the Arboretum roads.

• Workout 2: The second workout is a downward ladder of 6-5-4-3-2-1 minutes, with the first two reps at T pace, the next two at I pace, and the last two at R pace. 2 minutes jogging rest between each fast rep.

• Long Run: 25-30% of your weekly mileage at E pace

Long Distance Workouts (Half Marathon to Marathon)

• Workout 1: 20 minutes at M pace, 20 minutes at T pace, then 20 minutes more of M pace. 3 minutes of E-pace rest between each change of pace. Don’t forget the minimum of 10 minutes at E pace for a warmup and cooldown.

• Long Run: 25-30% of your weekly mileage at E pace

Resources