FLRC Board of Directors meeting on May 11th at 6:30 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will be having its monthly meeting on Wednesday, May 11th, at 6:30 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, send an email message to board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply (this is necessary to keep Zoom trolls out of the meeting. If you’ve previously requested the Zoom link, you can use the same one you received before.

If you’d like to bring a matter before the Board, mention it in your message, and we can discuss adding it to the meeting agenda.

Our board meetings generally revolve around updates on club and committee activities, including a report on the club’s financial activity and position from the Finance Committee and coverage of recent past and near future races from the Race Committee.

This month’s meeting will include the introduction of our new Diversity & Inclusion Committee chair, Kris Haines-Sharp; discussion of our draft Financial Practices & Procedures Policy; review and approval of our Philanthropy Committee’s grant introduction and application; the creation of a Volunteer of the Year task force; and updates on our bookkeeper search and ongoing bylaws vote.

Finally, since I took over as president in January 2020, I’ve opened each board meeting with a quick acknowledgement of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. It’s time to share those more widely.

For May, I’d like to thank FLRC’s treasurer, Charlie Fay, for the significant amount of work he put in drafting the Financial Practices & Procedures Policy, which gathers together and updates numerous previously scattered details. Charlie also devoted quite a bit of time this month to coordinating with TC3 and mapping out a new cross country course on the TC3 campus for our home meet of the PGXC series.