FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, December 14th at 6:30 PM

Hey, have you filled out our 2022 Board Election and Runner Survey yet? If not, please do!

The FLRC Board of Directors will be having its monthly meeting on Wednesday, December 14th, at 6:30 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, send an email message to board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply (this is necessary to keep Zoom trolls out of the meeting). If you’ve previously requested the Zoom link, you can use the same one you received before.

If you’d like to bring a matter before the Board, let me know too, and we can discuss adding it to the meeting agenda.

Our board meetings generally revolve around updates on club and committee activities, including a report on the club’s financial activity and position from the Finance Committee and coverage of recent past and near future races from the Race Committee.

This month’s meeting will include the announcement of our board election results, a discussion of the Finance Committee’s proposed 2023 budget, an update from the Philanthropy Committee about taking scholarship fund donations through GiveSignup, and an evaluation of some of the survey results.

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank Bruce Roebal for directing the 50th running of the Turkey Trot, which attracted 380 runners and raised a record $5900 for Loaves & Fishes. I’d also like to thank Cornell University for letting FLRC hold our Tuesday evening MITHACAL MILERS workouts in Barton Hall—we’ve had over 50 people in attendance some weeks and the energy and enthusiasm are wonderful. We’re taking two weeks off while Barton is in use for finals and another event, but we’ll pick up again on December 27th thanks to Cornell’s flexibility over winter break.

1 Like