FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, November 9th at 6:30 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will be having its monthly meeting on Wednesday, November 9th, at 6:30 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, send an email message to board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply (this is necessary to keep Zoom trolls out of the meeting). If you’ve previously requested the Zoom link, you can use the same one you received before.

If you’d like to bring a matter before the Board, let me know too, and we can discuss adding it to the meeting agenda.

Our board meetings generally revolve around updates on club and committee activities, including a report on the club’s financial activity and position from the Finance Committee and coverage of recent past and near future races from the Race Committee.

This month’s meeting will include a discussion of three proposed new/changed events for 2023: Trackapalooza (a weekend track invitational), the Two Hollows International Monster Marathon (a new course for the Monster Marathon), and an as-yet-unnamed fixed-time race (3, 6, or 12 hours). Other agenda items include some recommendations from the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and a discussion of desired features in a volunteer management tool.

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank Rob Kurcoba for helping to develop a new logo for the T-shirts we’ll have available for the 50th running of the Turkey Trot. More on those soon!

1 Like