FLRC Challenge group run and post-run pizza Saturday 8/13 at 4 PM on Lansing Center Trail

@Challengers, I know lots of you are getting down to the last few courses, but we want to get some final socializing in this weekend too, with a pair of group runs or hangout opportunities if you’re tired from another course or injured (raises hand). First up is Saturday at 4 PM (run at 4:15 PM) at the Lansing Center Trail course, after which we’ll head down to Salt Point Brewing, where you can get food and drink or just hang with the rest of us.

Let’s be inclusive and fight climate change by carpooling. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with pickup possibilities.
  • I need a ride
  • I can give a ride

0 voters

Please register in the poll below using your flat road pace so others can see that they’ll have pace partners. Given the XC course, we’ll all be running proportionally slower than the paces listed.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-14:00-minute pace
  • Hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, and I hope to see you Saturday!

I will not be running but I am going to show up around 5 at Salt Point for pizza and beverages!

1 Like

I’m getting my miles behind a lawn mower today, but I’ll join you for food and beer. Scoops should be open for ice cream afterwards too!

1 Like

I’ll join for dinner around 6, but won’t be doing the group run. I’m also interested in getting ice cream.

1 Like

Tonya and I won’t be running either, but will be there at the start and head over to Salt Point once everyone’s done. And we’ll bring a tent for shade. Bring chairs!

Most people were either done with the Challenge or out finishing it, but @scottpdawson, @JesseKoennecke, and @amy-dawson all came and set significant PRs for the course to see if that would move the needle on the team battle between the @Fantastic-40s and @Fabulous-50s. They looked a little rougher afterward, when @tonya-engst and I watched them finish. :slight_smile:

Then a bunch more people, including @Jamie, @kristina.harrisonsav, @heathercobb3, @Dave_K, and @gumbywhale joined the rest of us over at Salt Point Brewing, where we relaxed in the shade of the FLRC tent and enjoyed beer and cider and pizza.

Then we headed up the street for ice cream at Scoops—a lovely evening!

2 Likes