FLRC Challenge Jim Schug Trail group run on Wednesday, May 11 at 6:15 PM

@Challengers, want to record an FLRC Challenge effort on the scenic Jim Schug Trail with friends? Join us this Wednesday, May 11th, at the butterfly bench at the start of the FLRC Challenge course at 6:15 PM and we’ll start running at 6:30 PM. Park on the streets nearby (Rochester St. is normally quiet) or in the municipal lot off George St. Do not park at Agway because their lot is locked after closing. The lot adjacent to Perkin Funeral home is not a public lot and I have not had time to contact them if it is OK to park there after hours. Carpooling is encouraged!

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I need a ride
  • I can give a ride

0 voters

If you aren’t signed up for the FLRC Challenge or haven’t yet signed the FLRC Training Programs waiver already in 2022, please do one or the other.

For post-run socializing, we’ll be heading over to the Dryden Hotel for pizza and beer. Those who don’t want to eat indoors could order takeout pizza and eat at the pavilion in Montgomery Park, just behind the Dryden Hotel. Alcohol and glass bottles are not allowed in the park.

Please register in the poll below using your flat road pace so everyone can see if they’ll have pace partners. (Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.) The course is straight out and back; just beware of cars at the road crossings.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-and-up-minute pace

0 voters

I know this may be short notice for some. If the weather continues to cooperate, I’ll try to plan another run on a future night.

Everyone is welcome, and hope to see you Wednesday night!

I put my name up but I’m not a definite (maybe 70% chance).

1 Like

Wish we could be there, but the FLRC board meeting takes precedence. Hope everyone has a great time!

70% just went to 0%. Hope everyone enjoys the run!