FLRC Group Run in East Ithaca Saturday 2/19 @ 8:30am

The next Saturday FLRC group run is this Saturday, February 19 on the East Hill Rec Way and part of the Dryden Rail Trail. We will meet in the parking lot of the East Hill Plaza at 8:30am and run at 8:45am. (This run may be a sneak peek for an event happening later on this year… :wink:)

Details: The FLRC Group Runs are held on the first and third Saturdays of each month. This is an out-and-back run for an hour (30 minutes out, 30 minutes back), which allows everyone to start together and end together, and it’s always great to socialize and get to know fellow runners!

You find a link to the “course” here. From the East Hill Plaza parking lot, we will head north to the bridge to cross the road, and then east on the rec way. Once we reach the end, we will either take Game Farm Rd. north and then right on Stevenson Rd. to connect to the bike path, or (if the path is open) we’ll cross Game Farm Rd. and continue on the bike path. The linked “course” is three miles out, but run until the 30 minute mark on your watch (or until you see people turning around).

Pace Poll

If you’re not sure there will be others running your pace, take the poll below so you can get an idea of who plans to attend! We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

• 7:00-8:00-minute pace (and under)
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on walking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome. This is a free activity and club membership is not required, but with the changing of the year, EVERYONE will need to sign the NEW WAIVER before your first run this year. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2022 group runs, so if you’ve already signed it, you’re all set!

There will be post-run snacks available from Collegetown Bagels, so please stick around after for socializing and eating a delicious breakfast.

Unless you’re fully vaccinated (2 weeks post-second shot for Moderna/Pfizer and post-shot for J&J), please bring a mask for wearing whenever you’re not running.

If you have questions, and/or if you might be interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for these runs, contact FLRC Group Run director, Heather Cobb, at cobb.heather.m@gmail.com.

Thanks, Heather! Where should people look in the East Hill Plaza parking lot? It’s pretty big. One possibility would be in front of Collegetown Bagels.

Since I will be parking by Collegetown Bagels to get post-run snacks, that seems like a logical place for everyone to meet.

2 Likes

I plan on attending and have submitted a waiver. Thanks!

2 Likes

See you then Stephanie!

I’m planning to come. My approach to “running” lately is to run 2-3 miles, with maybe 1 or 2 rests in the middle if I start to feel like I want one. So, that takes 20-40 minutes. I like the idea of challenging myself to do a “run” that lasts for an hour, but I will need to walk for some of it. Maybe I’ll run for the first mile with some pace group and then walk to 30 minutes, then turn around and walk back until some runners catch up with me who I can run with for a bit.

1 Like

I’m coming too, and like Tonya, will probably turn around at the end of the East Hill Rec Way or Stevenson—somewhere around 2 miles, since I don’t dare risk anything longer yet.

1 Like

I’d like to participate in the group run but need to go 8 miles. If I could start with the group that would be great. It will definitely take me more than an hour to complete! So won’t be able to finish with y’all.

1 Like

Of course! Thank you for letting me know. If you want a post-run snack I can give it to you beforehand so you can still have something for after your 8 miles.

Thanks so much!

@kuwanna-dyerpietras, if you want to join us for the group run, I’ll bring your new Dion snowshoes (and I think you have some FLRC Challenge/Winter Chill stuff at the running store you could pick up afterward).

1 Like

@adamengst I might hold off on group runs until I know we’re past the icy season, as I have an ankle sprain that is hugely improved but still healing. Right now I prefer to run in a setting where I won’t be tempted again to go faster than a pace I’m comfortable with. I do need to go into your schedule to select a day/time. I did pick up my stuff from the running store the week you sent the email out, which ended up being right before the snowshoes came in! I appreciate the offer!

1 Like

It was a great group of runners this morning, going anywhere between 4.5 and 7 miles! There are a few missing from this picture because I forgot to take one before, so this is during post-run bagel-eating.

4 Likes