FLRC Group Run in Freeville Saturday 4/8 @ 8:30am

The next Saturday FLRC group run is this Saturday, April 8th in Freeville on the Dryden Rail Trail. We will meet in the parking lot of the Freeville Clerk’s Office on Factory St. near Toad’s Too Ice Cream Oasis at 8:30am and run at 8:45am. (They are closed on Saturdays and signs on the trail request users park there.) The weather is going to be chilly but sunny! Perfect spring day.

Details: This is an out-and-back run, so you can’t get lost! The standard run is an hour (30 minutes out, 30 minutes back), which allows everyone to start together and end together. There will be post-run snacks available so please stick around after for socializing to get to know fellow runners, and enjoy a delicious breakfast.

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity and club membership is not required, but please sign the waiver before your first run this year. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already signed it, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

A group of runners pose for a picture in the sun.

1 Like

I voted that I’m coming, but it’s not 100% sure because I also have family visiting.

1 Like

A chilly but sunny morning group run, with leftover Skunk bagels after. Thanks for coming out!

4 Likes

And to prove that there were tasty bagels afterwards…

If anybody is missing a water bottle that they may have left on the bench where the bagels were, drop me a message and I’ll reunite you :blush:

1 Like