FLRC members have early-morning access to the IHS track through October 31st

Building on the efforts of Kris Haines-Sharp, chair of FLRC’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve been able to renew our deal with Ithaca High School to allow FLRC members to run on the IHS track from 6 AM to 8 AM through October 31, except for the following days:

• September 23 and 28
  • October 5, 7, and 28

We’ll try to renew this again in October.

Please note that the IHS track is available only to FLRC members, and the IHS staff have a list of current members. If you join the club and plan to run on the IHS track, let me know so I can update their copy of the member list. There’s no need to sign in, but if you’re asked about running on the track during those hours, just reply that you’re an FLRC member using the access arranged with ICSD Athletic Director Samantha Little. (And let me know afterward.) If the gates ever aren’t open at 6 AM—the custodians have to schedule opening them—let me know about that too so I can pass it on.

One request. We are very much guests on this track, and school and team activities take precedence. If there’s a team on the track or practicing in the infield (especially lacrosse, whose errant balls are extremely dangerous), please run elsewhere that day. There shouldn’t be any early-morning conflicts, but you never know.

We hope you enjoy your morning track access!

1 Like