Groton Labor Day 5k September 5th

If you are in town on labor day I highly recommend the Groton Labor Day 5k and mile run. It is a fun course that starts near the high school, loops through some quiet village roads and a goes along a bit of rail trail. The mile fun run is a true road race (not just loops on the track) and is great for the kids to get some road race experience (no worries about getting lost, there is a reliable lead biker - that would be me). It is the only fund raiser for the Groton XC teams, so a good cause too! Details and sign up here: https://grotonlaborday5k.com

1 Like

The Groton Labor Day 5K is indeed a great race—I’ve run it many times in past years. Only one real hill, followed by a long downhill and then a really nice flat bit on the rail trail before some twists and turns back into the high school, finishing with three-quarters of a lap on the track.

Given that Scott Weeks (@Sweeks) is the race director, it’s not surprising that the race is so well organized, and the fundraising is a big help to a team that doesn’t receive significant resources and whose runners sometimes need help getting decent shoes.

@Sweeks Are strollers allowed for the 5k? Is the railroad bed portion stroller-friendly? I’m thinking about signing up with my kids.

HI Pete…did you get my other response?

I did now, thanks. I had a problem with my browser and wasn’t sure if it went through via RunSignup.

:+1::+1:

Scott Weeks
Health/ PE Teacher
Varsity Track/ XC Coach