IHS morning track access continues through December 31st, 2022

We’ve been able to renew our deal with Ithaca High School to allow FLRC members to run on the IHS track in the mornings. Due to the encroaching morning darkness, the open track times are now 6:45 AM to 8 AM through December 31st. I don’t believe that IHS clears snow from the track, so if it’s snowy or icy, they may not open it, and I’d encourage you to run somewhere that’s maintained.

After this, we’ll probably take a break from coordinating track access until spring—let us know if you’re looking forward to getting back on the track then.

Please note that the IHS track is available only to FLRC members, and the IHS staff have a list of current members. If you join the club and plan to run on the IHS track, let me know so I can update their copy of the member list. There’s no need to sign in, but if you’re asked about running on the track during those hours, just reply that you’re an FLRC member using the access arranged with ICSD Athletic Director Samantha Little. (And let me know afterward.) If the gates ever aren’t open at 6:45 AM—the custodians have to schedule opening them—let me know about that too so I can pass it on.

One request. We are very much guests on this track, and school and team activities take precedence. If there’s a team on the track or practicing in the infield (especially lacrosse, whose errant balls are extremely dangerous), please run elsewhere that day. There shouldn’t be any early-morning conflicts, but you never know.

We hope you enjoy your morning track access!

Thanks for arranging this access. I noticed that the track was locked this morning at 7am
Katie

1 Like

Good to know, Katie, thanks! We had a week or so of it being closed due to our request getting stuck in ML Schedules. If you’re planning to run there again some morning soon, I’d appreciate if it you could check again.