Last Call for Danby Registration; Looking for a Couple More Volunteers

Last call for registration for Saturday’s Danby Down & Dirty! Registration closes tomorrow (Friday) at 6:00 p.m. sharp, with no race day registration. Did I mention registration is only $10 for FLRC members and free for runners 18 and younger? Danby Down & Dirty | Confirmation lists | Webscorer

Prizes include gift cards and beer for the overall winners and beer for age-groupers, with some NA options and focus on local and seasonal brew. (But don’t expect to find any pumpkin ale at this race :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

I’m still looking for two more people to help with the aid station adjacent to the start/finish line. If you know anyone or have friends or family coming to watch while you run, let me know ASAP.

Pete Kresock
Finger Lakes Runners Club
Race Director, Danby Down & Dirty

1 Like

Hi Pete,

I should be able to help some that morning. What is the time frame needed?

Aaron

@aaronking32 Thanks Aaron! Are you available to help with an aid station and course marshaling from 9:00 until about 12:30 (or whenever the last runner finishes)? The spot is a 2-minute walk from the start/finish area off Michigan Hollow Road, and there will beat at least 1 other volunteer there. It entails filling water and Gatorade cups and directing runners to the finish line or having them continue straight to start their second loop. Should be done by 12.30 at the very latest. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Pete. I’ll likely need to leave at 12, but can do the main portion.

That’s totally fine. See you Saturday. Thanks!