MITHACAL MILERS XC workout on Tuesday, 9/27 at 6 PM at the Cornell Botanic Gardens

After Sunday’s PGXC race, we’re going to go a little slower and longer for our repeats—the next three races are 6K, 6K, and 8K. We’ll do an 800-meter loop around the ponds and the sculpture garden, going more like 10K pace than 5K pace. Slower runners could also shorten the loop to keep the time the same. At least four repeats total, with at least 3 minutes of jogging and art appreciation of the sculptures in between reps. For those who might be a little late, here’s where we’ll be. The course is nominally a mix of grass and pavement, but it should be easy to step off the path in most places if you prefer softer ground.

The workouts are free and open to all FLRC members, but everyone must sign an online waiver once for 2022. It’s the same as for the FLRC group runs, so if you’ve signed that one this year, no need to do so again—check Webscorer to see if you already signed.)

Any questions? Hope to see you on Tuesday night!

Hi! I’m new to the run forum (and Ithaca) and would be interested in joining this workout. How fast do people tend to run? I’m a casual runner, not looking to compete, but I like running with groups. I usually run 4-6mi every other day at about a 9min per mile pace. Is this a good workout to try with FLRC?

Thanks!
Heather

You’ll fit right in, @Hzane12. We have a wide range of paces, and my guess is that there will be a couple of people right around your pace. Plus, even when people spread out a bit on a particular pickup, we often coalesce again for the recovery jog.

See you tonight!

1 Like

And because it’s Tuesday, @mithacal-milers, it’s raining again. As with most other Tuesdays, it will likely stop. Or not, but we won’t melt, so come assuming you might get wet.

1 Like