Part-time Job Opportunity with Falcon Race Timing

I recently received the following email from the owner of Falcon Race Timing. It could be a good part-time job opportunity for someone in our running community, and I told him I’d copy it to the forum. See below for details and Andy’s contact info if you’re interested.

Hello,

My name is Andy Wahila and I am the owner of Falcon Race Timing.

Falcon Race Timing is a premier race timing company with offices in Ithaca and central PA. We provide disposable chip timing services for a variety of different events ranging from 1-mile to 100 miles and everywhere in between.

I am currently looking for part-time weekend help at local road races. Below is a brief description of what we are looking for. Please feel free to share this with your group and encourage anyone interested to reach out to me. I appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Part-Time Weekend Help Needed
Falcon Race Timing is looking for part-time help timing and scoring running events (5k, half marathon, bike races, etc) in and around the Ithaca area starting immediately.

We are currently looking for part-time help on a few Saturday’s this year. Maybe 5-8 Saturday’s, more if we get busier as the year goes on.

You do not have to be a runner for this position, although a running background is helpful. Qualifications include basic understanding of computers, outgoing personality, problem-solver, someone that can handle stress, think quickly on their feet and is very reliable. They need to be able to travel up to an hour one way for events as needed.

A typical race day looks like this. Leave the house around 6am. Arrive at the event at 7am. Set up the finish line. Race starts between 8-9am. Race is over by 9-10am. You are cleaned up by 11am and you are home by Noon. Full training would be done prior to going to a race on your own.

If you or anyone you know might be interested in learning more please let contact Andy Wahila below. We are open to having two people travel and time a race together as well.

Please feel free to look over our website to get a better idea of what we do.

Andy Wahila
Andy@FalconRaceTiming.com
www.FalconRaceTiming.com
607-321-3008