Peter DeMott Peace Trot group runs, next two weekends, Arboretum and Cass Park

Hello all, as in other years, I am helping to organize the Peter DeMott Peace Trot this year. I know that due to our flyers and quarter-card fact sheets, many FLRC runners are aware of the event this year – but we realized that we may not have done a great job of publicizing our exciting GROUP RUNS, over the next two weekends. These are intended to be small, relaxed events open to anyone who wants to run the Peace Trot with a group of others this year instead of just the virtual model we did last year. We’ll have course maps and directions as well as timing on hand for runners.

This Saturday and Sunday the runs will be at 9 AM at the arboretum, starting near the ponds (June 12 and 13) while NEXT Saturday and Sunday (Juneteenth and Father’s Day) the group runs will be downtown at Cass Park, starting near the Children’s Garden (see route information on the webpage below).

If you are interested you can sign up at this Google Sheets, each run is capped at 15 runners to keep these as small events, and we already have a few runners on each date:

And, you can find out more information about the Peace Trot, the routes, registering, and fundraising efforts from the Trot at https://www.peterdemottpeacetrot.org/

Hope to see you there! Keep up the great running, everyone! and let me know if you have questions.