Sunday Skunkday Group Run on 3/20 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

No major snow this time, I promise! Our third Skunkday run is coming up on Sunday, and everyone is welcome to join for some long-run company. Remember that the deadline for getting a custom bib for Skunk is Friday, so be sure to sign up for Skunk soon!

Meet at the front doors of Barton Hall (facing Teagle Hall, where the Skunk 10K starts) at 8:30 AM on Sunday, March 20th. Not only is it NOT Daylight Saving Time this week, with any luck, we may never have to spring ahead again! Last week, Barton’s bathrooms were open, so bring a mask if you want to go in.

We’ll split up into rough pace and distance groups and then run the Skunk course, more or less. You can go as long or short as you want, and it’s totally fine to deviate from the course for different loops and distances. Here are some possibilities:

Please register in the pace and distance polls below so others can see if they’ll have partners. (Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.)

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-up-minute pace
  • Hiking pace

0 voters

• ~4 miles
  • ~6 miles
  • ~8 miles
  • ~10 miles
  • ~13 miles

0 voters

There should be plenty of free weekend parking in the Crescent Lot east of Schoellkopf Stadium, which will be the Skunk race headquarters this year, or in Cornell’s parking garage. And if you haven’t done so already in 2022, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver.

Any questions, just ask. See you Sunday!

HI Adam, is this Sunday, March 20th?

Yep, it’s the 20th, just missed one spot when copying from last week—updated now!

Never spring ahead again? No, the Senate wants to permanently spring ahead. Yes it wouldn’t involve a yearly change but it’s a backwards way of thinking about it. 1200 should be approximately mid-day (sun highest) and we should adjust our human schedules accordingly.

Another great group run, with 25 people running various distances on the Skunk course, and I was particularly amused to end up with two new guys in my group, both named Patrick—nice to meet you, @Patrick_Daly!

Running shorter helped me avoid the rain, so props to @lizhartman, @KateB, and @Benedetta_Carnaghi, among others, for going longer and catching some drops.

1 Like