The Skunk Cabbage Classic is back—register soon for a custom bib number!

Sorry for the delay, but we wanted to make sure that we had everything in order to announce that the 40th running of the Skunk Cabbage Classic Half Marathon and 10K is officially happening! Circle Sunday, April 3rd, in your training calendar and start logging those miles. Registration is now open, with optional women’s and men’s T-shirts. All those who register by March 18th will have their first names printed on their bibs, so sign up today.

Our traditional half marathon and 10K courses remain the same, with the usual starting line by Barton Hall. However, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 and provide more bathrooms, our staging area this year will be the overhang of the Schoellkopf Stadium Crescent (where the concessions are at Cornell sporting events). Parking is available right in front, in the Crescent Lot, along with the Cornell parking garage and other nearby lots.

• Race Day: Sunday, April 3rd 2022
  • Half Marathon Start Time: 10 AM
  • 10K Start Time: 10:15 AM
  • Race website

Don’t miss out on one of Ithaca’s classic events!

Interested in volunteering? This is a large-scale event that we couldn’t put on without help from individuals in our wonderful community. Please contact race directors Vinny and Nichole Cappadora at skunk@fingerlakesrunners.org to sign up as a volunteer.

Looking forward to seeing you out there!

1 Like

Hi Vinny,
I sent the message below to skunk@fingerlakesrunners.org several days ago but haven’t heard back. Is that not the right email address to reach the RD?
—> sent 2/13/22 from meels66@gmail.com:

Hello Skunk RD!

I’ve entered (and finished) the Skunk 10K several times in my state of disability. My long finishing time has meant that I’ve coordinated with the RD to go out for an early start time, at 9:00-10:00 so that I can meet the course closing limit.

I’ll need that again this year, perhaps at 9:15 and wanted to check with you before registering. I’m perfectly familiar with the course and comfortable making my own way. I’ll only barely get along on route 366 before the lead H-M pack comes by and I understand the finish line might be taken down before I get there. fwiw Adam is quite familiar with my schtick.

Is it ok to register and just figure out the best starting time, before April?

-Amelia H.

1 Like

Hey Amelia that’s fine for sure. I’ll work out the details with you as we get closer

@vinny-cappadora just a note that, on the runsignup page for Skunk Cabbage, if you click the big COURSE MAPS link, it goes to this FLRC webpage from 2020 that says the race has been canceled. (It’s talking about the 2020 race being canceled, but it might confuse people who are just looking for a map)

1 Like

Thanks Michelle - fixed it!

1 Like