Time to sign up for FLRC's indoor track meet on Sunday, January 12th

Dust off your spikes and sign up the kids—it’s track time!

We’re looking forward to seeing runners of all ages and abilities on the warm, dry, well-lit track in Barton Hall on Sunday, January 12th, for the first FLRC indoor track meet of 2020.

Bib pickup starts at 8:00 AM, with the first event at 9:00 AM. If you can help out this meet, let me know—we need plenty of volunteers to keep these big meets moving.

We’re serious about that “all ages and abilities” thing—all of FLRC’s track meets are open to all runners. We seed races by your predicted time, so you’ll always be running with people of roughly similar pace, and we’re supportive of every runner, whether you’re in the slowest heat or the fastest, whether you’re winning your heat or coming at the end. And by “we,” I mean the meet as a whole: volunteers, runners, coaches, and spectators alike.

Register now , or get more info! Pre-registration is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to make the meet run smoothly and is open until 6 PM on Saturday night. Events will be seeded before the meet, so anyone registering the day of the meet will pay double or triple and may end up in a weird heat. Also, if you pre-register, we’ll have rolling bib pickup, so you don’t have to show up first thing to get your bib number.

January’s events will be run in this order (heat and time estimates will be updated on the FLRC site and via email the night before the meet):

• 3000m (~4 heats, 20 minutes per heat)
  • 60m (~18 heats, 3 minutes per heat)
  • 1 mile (~8 heats, 10 minutes per heat)
  • 200m (~20 heats, 3 minutes per heat)
  • 4x200m relay (sign up on a relay card at the meet — 8 minutes per heat, unknown number of heats)

Masters runners, this is your best chance to race a mile before the Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile on January 25th. Hartshorne is one of FLRC’s premier events, attracting top runners from all over the country, and a strong turnout from local runners will enhance FLRC’s standing on the national running scene.

For more information, see the FLRC Web site or just ask! I’ve also attached a PDF flyer; if there’s a YMCA bulletin board or school locker room where it would be appropriate to post, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Any questions, just ask.

Good day, tracksters!

Just a reminder that registration for Sunday’s track meet closes on Saturday night at 6 PM, so hopefully you can figure out if you’re running on Sunday morning by then. It’s a lot easier for us if you pre-register, and cheaper and easier for you too. If you pre-register, the meet is free for FLRC members, $3 for students, or $5 for adults, payable when you pick up your bib number. Day-of-meet registration costs $10 for everyone. We also plan to be testing the ability to take credit card payments!

I could use another couple of volunteers for timing the lane-timed races in particular—let me know at ace@tidbits.com if you can help. It’s no problem at all if you want to run as well.

And if you’d prefer an outdoor 5K, the second Winter Chill 5K will be at Cass Park at 11 AM—it’s free, but you have to be an FLRC member. Registration for that closes at 6 PM on Saturday too.

If you’re running the FLRC indoor track meet tomorrow and want to check on your heat and estimated time, you can find all that information on the meet info page on the FLRC site.

https://fingerlakesrunners.org/race/january-2020-indoor-track-meet/

See lots of you tomorrow!