Week #2 Recap

Spring may be just two weeks away, but winter isn’t letting up, so we haven’t been able to open any more courses yet due to recalcitrant ice. Melt, melt, damn spot! But FLRC Challenge registration is up to 87 people, 34 of whom have completed a run on either the East Hill Rec Way or the Pseudo Skunk Cabbage course. Keep telling your friends—let’s see if we can hit 100 by next week.

We’ve taken advantage of the cold weather by getting @steve-desmond to enhance the FLRC Challenge leaderboard with an Activity Log that shows you what your friends have done each day, a Participants list that makes it easy to see everyone in the Challenge, and a Statistics page with oodles of delicious data. Look for those in the Reports menu at the top.

In the overall points competition for the women, Gabrielle Woo has retained her top spot, with Karen Ingall in second and Heather Cobb in third. On the men’s side, Adam Pacheck laid down a smoking 1:21:29 for the Pseudo Skunk half marathon to take the lead in that course and the Challenge overall. Aaron King is holding on to second, with Ved Gund close behind. Pete Kresock continues to extend his lead in the Most Miles competition, with 42.3—will he get so far ahead that other ultrarunners will have trouble catching him later in the year?

So far in the team competition, youth and exuberance are crushing it. Despite having fewer registered runners than any of the teams on the leaderboard so far, the @Terrific-20s-Teens have cruised ahead of the @Thundering-30s, thanks to both fast times and lots of efforts. The @Fabulous-50s are patiently biding their time in third, with the @Super-60s-70s edging out the @Fantastic-40s thanks to some fast age-graded efforts on the East Hill Rec Way.

Welcome to those who are new to the leaderboard this week, including Andy Klepack, Steve Ryan, Louise Debefve, Liz Hartman, Matthew Clark, Adam Brown, Kristina Harrison-Savage, Caitlin Loehr, and Iris Packman!

With luck, we’ll have more news about course openings as the weather warms up early next week.

Until then, keep challenging yourself!

1 Like

Adam,
I think I finished the registration, not sure. What did you end up doing for insurance?
Tom

Yes, you’re all set, Tom—you can see yourself on the Participants list—so you can configure the Webscorer app as per the timing instructions and start submitting your runs. Welcome!

For insurance, I worked with the Stahlka Agency in Buffalo—they were great at tracking down an underwriter who understood what we wanted to do at a reasonable price. If you need an introduction for any reason, let me know.