Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 1 kicks off on Sunday, 11/22!

The first week of FLRC’s Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt kicks off this Sunday! From Sunday to Saturday (11/22 - 11/28), find as many of these items as you can, and while you’re at it, why not have your run* do double duty for the Virtual Turkey Trot?

1. Speed limit sign
  2. Pumpkin
  3. An outdoor decorated tree
  4. Sunset or sunrise
  5. A turkey (Happy Thanksgiving!)
  6. Trail sign or marker

Once you find your item, take a selfie or picture and post it on this thread. Remember, for every item that you post, you get one point. The runner(s) with the most points will be entered into the swag drawing at the end of the event. And, while 6 might seem to be the weekly high score, remember that the race director (that’s me!) can award extra points based on particularly creative or artistic photos, or those that get lots of “likes” here on the forum. (The race director also has a soft spot for cookies, but you didn’t hear that from me…)

*You can walk and/or hike in addition to running. Just get out and get moving!

5 Likes

Found on my morning run…the best kind of trail sign:

6 Likes

And … have no words…

8 Likes

Had a nice afternoon at Watkins Glen State Park! South Rim Trail to the FLT and back. 5 miles for the FLRC Virtual Turkey Trot!

5 Likes

My run sucked, with my calf locking up after a mile and forcing me to walk home, but at least I got three pictures.

I call it “Revenge of the Whitetails” or “The Ghost of Halloween Past.” And no, I wasn’t getting down there to take a selfie. :wink:

Ellis Hollow Nature Preserve

Ellis Hollow Creek Road

6 Likes

I was so close to going the speed limit!

Didn’t want to steal too much focus from the pumpkins but, sometimes I can’t help myself. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Groton Scavenger Hunt! Wasn’t planning on running 10-miles but I got everything on my list. The decorated outdoor tree is going for the minimalistic approach! Before I scored and found the turkey I was going to try to pass off the rooster and hope you city folks didn’t notice. Included him anyways. Hope my sunrise counts.

! IMG_4849|666x500

5 Likes

Ooo, talk about scoring big with some clever interpretations! Love the Hartshorne hat too.

I figured if anyone noticed the hat it would be you!

1 Like

Three of my Week 1 images here!

The stark woods makes the bright blaze look so enticing—I almost wanted to lick it.

Good thing they put up the sign so I knew to slow down—otherwise I would have been moving way faster! :upside_down_face:

Near the center of this photo, above the trees, is what may be a turkey vulture.

6 Likes

Early morning run in downtown Ithaca. Lots of pumpkins still! Only one Thanksgiving decoration. I can always count on my neighbor to dress their house up for the major holidays.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Photobombed?

Don’t mind the purple mark, just need more purple in this picture!

4 Likes

Sunrise/sunset…no turkeys or decorated trees along the route. One spectacularly lit greenhouse though…

3 Likes

Walked dog along Monkey Run and noticed how red, yellow and orange blazes stood out … didn’t have camera though…

2 Likes

Finding a decorated tree this early in the season has been difficult. This one does have lights on it.

I sprinted on the road through Stewart Park to defy deliberately the speed limit sign.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I couldn’t get these two to upload yesterday. Here they are.

2 Likes

The turkey! And a g&t!

2 Likes

Trail Sign taken Monday:

Outdoor Decorated Tree taken Thursday:

Sunset at Sunset Park taken Thursday (I swear the sun is setting. It’s just really cloudy.)

Speed Limit Sign taken Thursday:

Pumpkin and Turkey taken Thursday:

3 Likes