Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 2 begins Sunday, 11/29

I’ve been running with my 9-month-old training partners a few times per week since September. (This pic is from a walk. I forgot to get one on our run a few days ago.) The rainbow flag is in front of a church in my neighborhood. I’m not so sure I’ll find a fricken chicken by tomorrow night though.

3 Likes

I’m new, so I don’t have an official shirt, hopefully that suffices. One of my running buddies. :slight_smile:

Flag

Very colorful Decorations.

Two photos of another running pal. Not sure if you can see the decline in the first picture but it is a great Loki picture! Not the most noticeable hill. I dunno if this will count, but he got spooked by an inflatable Santa on our run. Some might call him a “chicken”, I call him my friend. :slight_smile: I leave it to the judge.

3 Likes

Holiday lights. The merry of moose of Christmas

1 Like

FLRC gear and a Friend! Its a twofer!

2 Likes

Ran up the hill and now I am … taking a break.

Two Flags, one shot. I gave you a bonus Flag!

Ok. There are chickens in there that would not come out and smile for the camera. And since it was a strangers yard I thought it might not be ok to invade the coop like a marauder. But there is still a chicken figure nailed on the post outside the coop. Like a chicken gargoyle. squint and you can see it.

1 Like

This one may run “afoul” of the definition of a chicken…

A hill next to the woods behind my house

Patriotic mailbox in my neighborhood

Holiday lights in the Fall Creek neighborhood

2 Likes

Great pix! Nice to see you two in motion. :slight_smile:

As another newbie, I had the same idea as David, so here is my ‘bespoke’ FLRC safety vest:

Neighbourhood holiday lights:

A small but mighty flag of Yorkshire, the greatest county in the United Kingdom:

The closest I got to a chicken was this egg box in someone’s recycling:

My running friend Parkin, who ensures I do speed work whenever she sees a squirrel:

And finally, a winding hill road:

2 Likes

Wow everyone’s posts are cracking me up! Love it!

Here’s my last one for the week of some chickens. I only have a cat who really doesn’t make a good running buddy…

Some chicken that is no longer alive

Lights, a flag, and a hill in the background that is unfortunately very hard to see

Running with a friend

I think this may be the only FLRC logo I have

2 Likes

Last week I had a bum ankle, but this week I can play.
Here’s my FLRC shirt. Too cold to run in it but I wore it for my strength workout. I’ve got a heckuva home gym going.

Here are my neighbor’s holiday lights.

2 Likes

and my flag. For those who don’t like it, there’s also a tiny stars n stripes in the wheelbarrow

And my hill. It’s not very steep, but it does go on and on for miles

4 Likes

Chickens
Chickens
I don’t have a running buddy, not even a dog; but here is my best buddy. He is running a forklift, so I believe that should count

2 Likes

FLRC swag

Flag

Lights

Family run

Hill/Slope The Slope

Chik’N (it is Ithaca after all)

Also, I will take any chickens, French hens, calling birds, turtle doves, or partidges and raise you 1 bald freakin’ eagle :eagle:. (I will take my prize now) :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

5 Likes

I hope I am not too late to submit! It was quite a fun escapade to find the chicken (thanks Maryann!) so I don’t want my efforts to go to waste. Here are my week 2 photos:

3 Likes

Complete coincidence that I found the same flags as @Sandy—I don’t normally go over on Snyder Hill. But we snowshoers and skiers approve of the I :heart: Snow flag.

And these holiday lights were quite inviting in yesterday’s snow.

2 Likes

I saw two bald eagles over at Dryden lake last weekend! So cool that they’re around here, I love when they can be spotted.

Wow. with all the houses in all the worlds what are the chances of finding the same random display?

So cool! One of my staff members said they saw one recently as well. Didn’t know we had any around until the past week! The hawk wasn’t having it though – totally didn’t care about the national bird stuff and said scram.

Yet again, everyone’s creative side, and hilarious captions were almost too much to handle! Out of the 18 participants for week 2, 14 of you found all six items!

@julie19
@mickiejauquet
@Mkm1
@apacheck
@sryan004
@caitlin-loehr
@nkleinrock
@lizhartman
@dianahackett
@Sandy
@aaronking32
@amandaking
@runningdoggo5
@debbliss

This week’s “race director’s choice” is actually going to two people who found an innovative way to show off their FLRC logo gear without actually having any: @runningdoggo5 and @dianahackett! I certainly wouldn’t have thought to try that, so great job you guys!

The above participants, will have their names entered into the drawing at the end of the event, and two race director’s choices will have their names put in twice. You can continue to earn spots in the final drawing, so check out week 3’s items and keep posting!

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me.