Lindsay-Parsons Star Posts

Story

Challenge within a Challenge
This course and FH Fox are my two favorite new-to-me trail courses in this year’s Challenge. For now, I give the edge to FH Fox, but that is probably because I have still only run this course in the middle of the day. Early morning or late evening would probably be better for catching sight of some critters.

Despite this only being my 3rd run of the course, I decided to make the Challenge more interesting by running it totally backwards without a map or RunGo or any printed directions. The highlight of this was descending the hill toward the northern pond and seeing a ‘pterodactyl’ take off and fly over the water. The great blue heron perched on a snag far from me. When I got to that side of the pond, it took off and flew to the other end of the lake. No good photos from that but it was fantastic to see!

To celebrate my survival of the reverse Lindsay Parson, I stopped at Dennis’s Homemade Ice Cream (great name!), conveniently located on the way to Treman Trailipop, for some delicious mango ice cream. So good, I almost called it a day here!

2 Likes