2021 FLRC Challenge completed!

After a dry spell that was ironically caused by insanely wet weather, we have two more completions of the FLRC Challenge. Congratulations to Michelle Woods (@MWoods), who ran Danby Down & Dirty for her tenth course, and to Bob Swizdor (@Swizbob), who took advantage of the Forest Frolic course cleanup to notch his tenth course. We’re now up to 24 finishers, with five more people having just one more to claim their medal.

1 Like

Congratulations to Steve Desmond (@steve-desmond) for finishing off Pseudo Skunk Cabbage as his tenth course and thus qualifying for a finisher’s medal!

Steve is the 25th person to complete the FLRC Challenge, but we have six people with nine courses done and another six with eight courses completed, so the floodgates could be opening soon.

He’s also the guy who turned my vague idea for the FLRC Challenge leaderboard into a tremendously cool reality, for which we all own him a debt of gratitude!

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t realize until I got home yesterday that I haven’t run 13+ miles in more than 8 years, which might explain today’s hobbling! To each their own, but 2 hours on the road is not my cup of tea, so I’ll be heading back into the woods for the rest of the Challenge :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats @steve-desmond and many thanks for all your work on the leaderboard! It’s absolutely fantastic and really makes the whole Challenge come together as a community event! We can’t thank you enough!

2 Likes

Congratulations to Wei-Kai Lin (@wklin), who knocked off Forest Frolic on the weekend to complete his tenth course and qualify for the FLRC Challenge completion medal!

He brings our total to 26 completions of the FLRC Challenge.

1 Like

Friday the 13th was Sten Anderson’s lucky day, since he was able to knock off the Pseudo Skunk Cabbage course to complete the FLRC Challenge! Congrats, @Sten_Anderson for being our 27th finisher!

It’s getting harder to pick out the new completions, but congrats to Amy Dawson (@amyboca) and Scott Dawson (@scottpdawson), who decided to focus on completing the FLRC Challenge after being forced to cancel a West Coast vacation. They’ve been running Challenge courses all week instead.

Kudos as well to Kristina Harrison-Savage (@kristina.harrisonsav), who came back from a broken foot earlier in the year to finish her ten courses!

We’re up to 31 people who have completed the FLRC Challenge, with William Hartnett completing a steamy Pseudo Skunk Cabbage on August 21st. Congratulations, @junglerock, for finishing all ten courses during your summer in Ithaca!

Thank you! If it weren’t for Matt Clark and Steve Nathans-Kelly running all the trail runs and Pseudo Skunk with me I would still be lost at Hammond Hill foraging for grubs. It was a blast

1 Like

That’s what friends are for! (Trail navigation, not foraging for grubs.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to our new Completions page, it was easy to see that 16-year-old Aeron Jauquet completed Pseudo Skunk Cabbage as their tenth course on September 3rd—congratulations for sticking it through a long 13.1 miles!

We’re now at 33 completions, thanks to Ana Riley—the incoming chair of FLRC’s Diversity Committee—finishing off her tenth course. Congratulations, @AnaR! Where our previous finisher, Aeron Jauquet, left the Pseudo Skunk Cabbage half marathon for last, Ana went in the other direction, saving the 1-mile East Hill Rec Way course for her final effort.

Last weekend brought two more Challenge completions from Makoto Endo (@makoto) finishing off Danby Down & Dirty and Elizabeth Kluz (@LizK) taking on Forest Frolic. Congratulations to both of them!

Congratulations to Adam Levine (@alevine44, one of the seven Adams in the Challenge) who knocked off Forest Frolic to complete his ten courses and qualify for an FLRC Challenge medal! We’re now up to 36 completions.

Talk about a perfect day to complete the FLRC Challenge! Kudos to Benedetta Carnaghi (@Benedetta_Carnaghi) for finishing her tenth course at the in-person Danby Down & Dirty today.

1 Like

Congratulations to FLRC board and Timing Team member Bill Watson (@billwatson) for completing the Challenge by running Forest Frolic in yesterday’s glorious weather for his tenth course! And now we’re at 38…

The points that Bill accumulated for his last course also pushed him into second place for Most Points, well behind leader Adam Pacheck but just four points ahead of Crosby Woods.

Thanks, @adamengst!

And we have our 39th finisher—congratulations to hasher Gretchen Gilbert (@Gretchen) for running Pseudo Skunk Cabbage to complete her FLRC Challenge!

21 people remain queued up with either 8 or 9 courses completed, so we should have more finishers coming up soon.

1 Like

I’ll be drinking beer tonight to celebrate that! :grin:

1 Like

YES GRETCHEN! Congrats! :beers:

1 Like