I’m organizing the Danby Down & Dirty Trail Runs as a low-key virtual race this year, with no formal affiliation with FLRC. A course description, directions, and so on can be found here, but in brief:
- Run the 10k and/or 20k course between Saturday, Sept 26 and Sunday, Oct 4.
- Record your time and submit your information using this Google Form. I’ll publish results at the conclusion of the race.
- I’ve marked the start, finish, turns, and intersections with spray chalk. 10k runners follow yellow the whole way. 20k runners follow yellow for Loop 1 and red for Loop 2.
- NEW: If you’re unsure of the course, download the RunGo app, create a free account, and search for “Danby”. You can run with your phone giving you audible cues on when and where to turn, use it to record your run, get directions to the starting line, and follow the route using the on-screen map. It’s GPS-based, so lack of cell service in the forest doesn’t matter. You can also use the Web version of RunGo to download the courses’ .gpx files to use with your watch and/or print turn-by-turn course directions. View the 20k course here and the 10k course here.
- There are no prizes or swag; just sore quads the next day.
Be aware that hunting season starts October 1, so consider wearing bright colors. And unlike race day, there are no porta-potties, Wilderness Search and Rescue, or on-course support of any kind. You’re on your own!
Any questions, let me know.