Beebe Lake bridge closed 8/11

For anyone considering running the Beebe Lake course tomorrow (August 11), note the following message from Cornell - “The Beebe Lake suspension bridge will be closed to pedestrians on Thursday, August 11, 2022, while the walkway’s south end will undergo pavement maintenance. The pedestrian detour route is the Thurston Ave bridge.”

From Cornell alerts: The Beebe Lake suspension bridge will be closed to pedestrians on Thursday, August 11, 2022, while the walkway’s south end will undergo pavement maintenance. The pedestrian detour route is the Thurston Ave bridge.

Thanks to @ks_eggs and @SarahG for passing on the alert from Cornell that the Beebe Lake suspension bridge will be closed for construction on Thursday, August 11th. @Challengers, probably best to pick a different course for the day.

(I’m not actually sure what bridge they’re referring to since neither the stone bridge at the top of the lake nor the footbridge at the bottom are suspension bridges, whereas neither the big suspension bridge further down Fall Creek nor the small suspension bridge at Flat Rock would seem to be associated with Beebe Lake.)

I had the same thought about ‘suspension’ bridge. Given that it said Beebe Lake and the detour was on Thurston Ave, my best guess is that it was on the course route.

Sounds like it’s the concrete pedestrian bridge on Beebe Lake’s west side — the one by the dam and waterfall, which is part of the Challenge course.