Beebe Lake Star Posts

Story

I had intended to do the Taughannack Falls group run this morning but I slept in too late (oops). Instead, I ran to and from this course for my long run. It was my first time using the RunGo app and I think I went slightly off course and shortened the route by a tenth of a mile or so, so I’ll have to run it again sometime. It’s a nice course, especially with the perfect weather this morning.

Check out my activity on Strava: 7.6 mi Run Activity on May 1, 2022 by Daniel V. on Strava

Shop Local

I fueled my recovery with half an orange pistachio schnecken (kind of like a German morning bun) from Wide Awake Bakery, purchased the day before at the farmers market. 10/10. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

Story

Nice cool wet spring morning for a jaunt, did the Arboretum / Beebe Lake loop in the middle of my long run – everything’s starting to bloom a little more and smelled really good!

1 Like

Story

After yesterday’s group run, today was recovery day. I met my friend Marilyn Dispensa (she’s a biking buddy, so she’s not on the forum) with her two doggies at the Botanic Gardens. We walked half this course together. She then left to resume her work day and I continued onto the other half of the course. I ran 1 mile of it, which was about right for me on a recovery day. The flowers on this course are a treat, though the hillside of flowering trees that I love below the bell is not yet out. This year’s FLRC Challenge is helping me to get better at taking selfies!

1 Like

Story

Many thanks to @adamengst for adding a challenge course outside my office door for some beautiful lunch runs. The flowers on the course are just gorgeous right now and I even had an opportunity to wave at @scottpdawson as he flew by me.

2 Likes

Great to see you out there today! It was a beautiful day for it.

Story

I had to do some errands on campus today so paired them with this run. I saw so many friendly faces, in addition to the natural beauty around. I first saw Haya Novak, freshly returned from a long stay in New Zealand. Next up were @JesseKoennecke and @Simon_Ingall, and I was working so hard after the uphill on the east end that I muttered something that definitely wasn’t English. I saw @kristina.harrisonsav along the route, and when I was done (recovering with a Honey Stinger waffle on an arboretum bench) I saw @SteveShaum run by. It was a day to see friends on the trail, for sure!

1 Like

Story

Nice mellow solo run on my home course. I successfully beat the rain which is always nice. Even better, I put in a herculean effort and finally beat 25 years of muscle memory by remember to turn right on Judd Falls Road towards McIntyre instead of running straight across the road and down the steps by the herb garden :blush:. This must of saved me at least 10-20 seconds!

Finally, as I see others have done before me, I took a picture of this gorgeous magnolia tree right by the start of the course.

2 Likes

Great to see you out there Scott! It’s been years. We were on a very easy Botanic Garden trail run.

Story

This course is practically right outside my work front door!! I often run in the Arboretum, and it was nice to enjoy a lap around Beebe Lake. I was reminded that I need to take advantage of the beautiful campus. I passed @caroline-brockner twice!

1 Like

Story

I am continually amazed and appreciative of these beautiful places where we can run. Today was my fourth time tackling the Beebe Lake Challenge course.

Story

IMG_3899
hi beautiful horse! nice day for a run

Shop Local

IMG_3903
Falafel Pita from On The Street Pitas food truck. yum

2 Likes

Story

A thoroughly enjoyable High Noon run (meet at the back of Teagle at noon!) with fellow Challenge runners @JoshB and @Tristan_Lambert (but without simultaneous sign-in, oh well) and not-yet-Challenge-runners @alex-colvin and @casey and @Simon_Ingall. We intersected the Beebe Lake course just below MVR, and then ran Beebe Lake clockwise and did the same once we were in the Arboretum. Lots of excellent conversation, but no wildlife sightings.

Story

Today we have such perfect running weather that after running the Long Loomis course this morning with the FLRC group, I decided to head out again with Ben, my partner, and run the Beebe lake course. The highlight was making friends with Bravo the horse… such a cutie!

2 Likes

Story

I am reveling in the beauty of this amazing spring we are having here in Ithaca.
The weather this morning was again ideal for running. Next time I do this course, however, I will have to make a detour to Rhododendron Knoll, just behind the Botanic Garden’s Welcome Center, which should be stunning in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Story

I ran the course again today… what magnificent weather! I obviously got lost before the staircase in the Wildflower Garden. That part is always tricky :smiley: I also saw @MattBish and a couple of other challengers on the course. Definitely a fun day!

Story

After a long work day, it was nice to run fast with good tunes and enjoy the scenery. I’m still getting better at selfies - next time I’ll change the “mirror” setting.

Story

We ran the course again today, and I was thankful that the sun was mostly behind the clouds, as I was still a little fried after running yesterday in the heat ! Anytime there was the slightest uphill, I walked. Today was my third day in a row running, which I probably shouldn’t do. But given that, it went better than I expected.

Shop Local

Stopped by Greenstar and bought root beer 'cause I felt I’d earned it

1 Like

Loving the photos, @ruth-sproul! I think it’s telling just how varied the views are on this course.

Story

Mary and I ran our “home course” again this morning but decided to run the course backwards and to make a detour into the Botanic Garden to check out Rhododendron Hill. Some gorgeous azaleas are blooming but the rhododendrons are not out yet…they probably need another week or two.

Super fun to “run” into @tonya-engst atop the hill in the “Plantations” section of the run. We enjoyed the flat and down hill section together before sending her off to Beebe Lake.

2 Likes

Story

I was having trouble getting moving today, so I walked the first bit, heading east. I stopped to stretch my calves, and then as I began to run, @caitlin-loehr and Mary came caught up with me. I was happily surprised and ran the rest of that loop with them. At the end of the loop, I felt much more awake and energized, and I continued running into the Beebe Lake loop as they scanned in to finish their run. I took a little extra time in the hill behind the summer house to look for azaleas and I think I marveled at the very same bush from Caitlin’s post today! Got home, did a lap in the pond, and now I’m at my desk feeling pleased with myself for getting out the door early.

This photo was taken on Saturday by Adam—we had popped into the Arboretum for a short stroll to check out the apple blossoms on the hill below the bell—that’s the hill below the very steep bit of hill on the paved road.

1 Like