Call For Volunteers at Danby Down & Dirty, October 2nd

Hi folks! The Danby Down & Dirty is FLRC’s 2021 trail finale, and we’re looking for race day volunteers the morning of October 2. Several jobs—course setup, handing out bibs, post-race cleanup—are flexible enough that you can help out and still run the race. I’m also looking for help with aid stations and finish line food.

FLRC is entirely volunteer driven, and volunteers are an essential part of the club and its events. Please help spread the word to your friends and family. Anyone interested in pitching in for a few hours can DM me on this forum (click my profile picture and then on the blue “Message” icon), email me directly at pete.kresock@gmail.com, or comment below. Thank you for considering!

Pete Kresock
Finger Lakes Runners Club
Race Director, Danby Down & Dirty

1 Like

I may be able to help with handing out bibs and something close to the finish, I am running the Green Monster the next day in PA.
I will let you know for sure , I live in Endicott Ny.
Tom Teeter

1 Like

Hey Pete,

I’m hoping to run but i can probably help out somewhere.

Al

@teeter What, no warmup run before the Green Monster? :grinning: If you’re available I could use your help with handing out bibs and at the 6-mile aid station during the race. The aid station is only a 1-minute walk from the finish. 10k runners turn downhill to the finish line, while 20k runners continue straight for loop 2.

@alan-lockett Any interest in coming early at 7:30 to help me set things up around the start/finish?

I can do that

@alan-lockett Great see you then!

One more thing… am I remembering right that you created this race years ago? Do you know what year it was founded?