Carpooling and post-race awards banquet for PGXC #5 on November 5 at Fairport

Hello, @pgxc-flrc and @pgxc-high-noon!

We’ll be racing this Sunday at Center Park in Fairport (1100 Ayrault Rd, Fairport, NY 14450), which is a 1:45 drive from Cornell. Parking is just below the FINISH marker on the course map below.

The race starts at 11 AM, so we recommend arriving by 10 AM so you have time to pick up your bib from the race organizers, get a singlet if you need to borrow one, and warm up with your team before the race. We’ll have a tent marked by FLRC flags where you can leave your stuff and meet with teammates to warm up.

Carpool

Here’s the carpool plan:

• Cornell: The main carpool will leave from its traditional location in the southwest corner of the Cornell B Lot. Plan to arrive at 8:00 AM. We’ll sort people into cars and leave at 8:15 AM sharp. If you plan to join this carpool, please reply to this post on the forum and indicate whether you can drive or would prefer to be a passenger. If we don’t already have it, include your phone number so we can communicate via text. 607-275-9557 finds me, and Tonya is 607-275-8383.

• Downtown Ithaca: A few people will be leaving from downtown. If anyone else wants to leave from downtown, please reply on the forum so you can work together to organize your rides. Be sure to include your phone number.

• Other areas: Folks from Cortland, Lansing, and Danby may wish to drive separately rather than coming into Cornell first. That’s totally fine, but if you want to carpool with others in your area, reply here so you can set things up.

Post-Race Awards Banquet

Typically, awards are not given out after the race at the race venue. Instead, once the race is over, many of the runners will drive to the nearby end-of-season banquet for lunch and awards at My Wine and Cheese Bar Too (400 Packetts Landing, Fairport, NY 14450). If you want to eat lunch (pasta and meatballs and salad) at the event, you need to buy a ticket online through the PGXC registration system. There will also be a cash bar. Typically the order of events is first eating and then an awards ceremony with awards for overall individual winners (the complex scoring system goes ten deep in each age group, so if you have run 4 or 5 races, you may be surprised to find that you get an award!), winning teams, and the overall club cup. (You can check your current point tally here; you must complete the 5th race in order to win anything, so anyone who does not race on Sunday will drop out.)

See you at the race! –Adam & Tonya

Go Teams! Looking forward to car pooling: riding or driving, racing, and the banquet, Sincerely, Carl

I am planning on joining the carpool from the vet school this week. Would prefer not to drive if possible. 608-334-6343

Charlie and Jean-Luc are coming. Charlie is driving…

Sorry to say I’m dealing with an injury. Not 100% sure I’ll be able to participate. If I do, I’ll be driving back right after the race. If I do go up, I can drive others if they don’t mind finding another ride back or coming back right after the race.

I will be coming to the vet school hoping for a ride, as Kris needs the car.

Sorry to hear it, @ebenman! We’re at 7 right now for the Open team, so we’ll still have a scoring team without you.

I am planning on carpooling. I prefer to be a passenger but I am willing to drive. I’m not attending the banquet.

I need a ride and I will come to Cornell’s B lot.

I’ll come to B lot. I can drive others (sienna minivan) if helpful, though I won’t be able to give folks a ride back — am going to transition from race cool down into my long run and come back later in the afternoon.

My mobile # is 607-793-8495.

I will need to be a passenger and I would like to come straight back after the race.

Joel

I count 7 available seats in cars with definite drivers (Carl - 3, Charlie/Jean-Luc - 2, Adam/Tonya - 2). I also count 5 riders who either require a ride or would prefer it (Sandy, Gill, Patrick, Kushal, Joel).

And Peter’s space for the ride to the race could allow for more different combos of people overall.

See you all tomorrow morning!

Late entry for a ride request here. I’ll be at B lot in the morning and would prefer to ride if possible. I’ll be attending the banquet.

Patrick

I will also be at B lot tomorrow morning - I can drive. I will be attending the banquent.