Danby Down & Dirty - looking for volunteers on Sat, Sept 24th

We’re still looking for a few more volunteers for Danby Down & Dirty this Saturday. Come on out to Danby State Forest to spend a morning with friends, make some new friends, or at least to enjoy a comped breakfast of coffee, bagels, and apples!

I’m looking for two or three people for an aid station from 9:00 a.m. until the last runner passes through, ETA about 12:30. Responsibilities include handing out food and water, pointing runners in the right direction on the course, picking up dropped cups, and cheering people on.

A few other open volunteer spots will allow enough time to run the race while also helping out - assisting with set-up before the race, sweeping all or part of the course, and helping to pack everything into the van after the race is complete. Please check out the volunteer grid spreadsheet for hours and duties and fill in your name and contact info if you’re interested, comment below, or email me at pete.kresock@gmail.com.

I hope to see you in the woods on Saturday!

Pete Kresock
Race Director, Danby Down & Dirty

1 Like

I don’t know, Pete. Those donuts and apple fritters were a big hit last year. Just sayin’!!