Final call for the FLRC Annual Picnic at 5 PM on Thursday, August 24 at Treman State Park

I’m submitting updated numbers to Fitnell Farms tomorrow morning, so RSVP today if you want to eat at the picnic. We can’t guarantee there will be food for anyone who RSVPs after August 16 or comes without RSVPing.

Please join us for fun, food, and friends! FLRC will be hosting our Annual Picnic from 5–8 PM on Thursday, August 24, at Treman State Park’s North Shelter (the first one you get to when driving in). It’s an opportunity for the club to show our appreciation for our awesome board, race directors, volunteers, and members. The picnic dinner is free, though there is a $9 NYS Parks parking fee—carpool to cut costs and combat climate change. We’ll also have beer, likely from Liquid State Brewing, along with non-alcoholic beverages for those who prefer them.

You get to eat great food and socialize with your fellow runners (without getting all sweaty) while we acknowledge FLRC Challenge finishers and hand out medals and Challenge signs. We’ll also have a swap table where you can give away running-related stuff and pick up things brought by others. Bring the whole family—it’s a kid-friendly event.

Just tell us in Webscorer if you’re coming and how many people will be in your party. We can also use more help with setup (with some strong people to move picnic tables), clothing sales, and breakdown—please sign up in Helper Helper.

Thanks for RSVPing today, and we hope to see you there!

1 Like

Phew! We’re up to 170 RSVPs, and I’ve updated Fittnell Farms with the latest numbers. If you haven’t yet RSVPed, you’re welcome to come and have a drink, but we can’t guarantee food.

1 Like

Are we allowed to bring dogs?

Yep, and I hope it worked out—sorry I didn’t get a chance to say hi.

Adam, this was so much fun, as usual! I liked having the business meeting separate from the FLRC Challenge Awards. I also was so glad for return of the swap table! Nick asked last year and this year about desserts because the desserts the year before were so awesome. I think adding some cookies and brownies would be wonderful and popular for next year. Especially among attending children!

Thanks for the feedback, Liz! Good point about the kids and dessert—my main irritation with it is that a lot of commercial desserts just aren’t very good alongside not being good for you. But a high-quality homemade cookie or brownie can be a thing of wonder, so we’ll explore either encouraging people to bring a dessert to pass or seeing if Fitnell Farms can do dessert too.

I love the idea of a dessert to pass!