First call for FLRC’s February 19th track meet at Barton Hall

With my VP of Track hat on, I’m pleased to announce that FLRC’s second meet of the winter indoor track series will take place on Sunday, February 19th at 9 AM. There’s one more meet after this, on March 12th.

• Events: The February events will be the 5000m, 60m, 1 mile, 200m, high jump, and long jump. We’ll also have a 4x200m relay that you’ll sign up for at the meet. Register today—there is no day-of-race registration!

• Volunteer: If you’re not running or only want to do one event, please join our highly amiable volunteer crew! We could use a few more people, particularly a bib recorder and timers for lane-based races. (Volunteers also get snacks and a brightly colored T-shirt.) To volunteer, please sign up in Helper Helper (or email me).

• New to track? If you’ve never run a track meet before, or never run one of ours, check out our First-Timer’s FAQ for Track Meets. If you have additional questions, just ask!

• MileSplit registration: All registration takes place in MileSplit, which is used by all the schools in the area. It can be a little confusing the first time through, so if you have trouble, consult our quick-and-dirty documentation. Some quick tips:

• Look for the green Register Online Now button in the upper-right corner.
    • Individuals should read/watch How do I enter an individual in a meet?
    • Club coaches should read/watch How do I enter my team into a meet?
    • All individuals register as Unattached; teams are only for clubs attending as a group.
    • Families should register as individuals; please do not create a team for your family.
    • Choose a division based on what you’ll be paying: Non-FLRC Member if you aren’t a club member, FLRC Member if you are, and Financial Aid if a fee would prevent you from participating. The gender of the division doesn’t matter because we combine everything.
    • When entering seed (estimated finish) times, leave Meet Name blank. It doesn’t matter at all.
    • You can always log in again to change your seed times or events.

If you have problems, ask MileSplit support at registration@milesplit.com and cc me at ace@tidbits.com so I can see where you’re getting stuck.

Looking forward to seeing lots of people in Barton Hall on Sunday, February 19th!