With my VP of Track hat on, I’m pleased to announce that FLRC’s second meet of the winter indoor track series will take place on Sunday, February 19th at 9 AM. There’s one more meet after this, on March 12th.
Events: The February events will be the 5000m, 60m, 1 mile, 200m, high jump, and long jump. We’ll also have a 4x200m relay that you’ll sign up for at the meet. Register today—there is no day-of-race registration!
Volunteer: If you’re not running or only want to do one event, please join our highly amiable volunteer crew! We could use a few more people, particularly a bib recorder and timers for lane-based races. (Volunteers also get snacks and a brightly colored T-shirt.) To volunteer, please sign up in Helper Helper (or email me).
New to track? If you’ve never run a track meet before, or never run one of ours, check out our First-Timer’s FAQ for Track Meets. If you have additional questions, just ask!
MileSplit registration: All registration takes place in MileSplit, which is used by all the schools in the area. It can be a little confusing the first time through, so if you have trouble, consult our quick-and-dirty documentation. Some quick tips:
- Look for the green Register Online Now button in the upper-right corner.
- Individuals should read/watch How do I enter an individual in a meet?
- Club coaches should read/watch How do I enter my team into a meet?
- All individuals register as Unattached; teams are only for clubs attending as a group.
- Families should register as individuals; please do not create a team for your family.
- Choose a division based on what you’ll be paying: Non-FLRC Member if you aren’t a club member, FLRC Member if you are, and Financial Aid if a fee would prevent you from participating. The gender of the division doesn’t matter because we combine everything.
- When entering seed (estimated finish) times, leave Meet Name blank. It doesn’t matter at all.
- You can always log in again to change your seed times or events.
If you have problems, ask MileSplit support at email@example.com and cc me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can see where you’re getting stuck.
Looking forward to seeing lots of people in Barton Hall on Sunday, February 19th!