With my VP of Track hat on, I’m pleased to announce that we’ll be kicking off FLRC’s winter track series on January 15th at 9 AM at Cornell University’s warm and dry Barton Hall. The next two meets are on February 19th and March 12th.
Events: The January 15th track meet events will be the 3000m, 60m, 1 mile (as a warmup for the Hartshorne Masters Mile on January 21st), and 200m. We’ll also have a 4x200m relay that you’ll sign up for at the meet. Register today—there is no day-of-race registration!
Volunteer: If you’re not running or only want to do one event, I could use a few more volunteers, particularly a clerk of course, a bib recorder, and timers. If you’d like to volunteer, help us test a possible volunteer coordination tool by signing up to help (or email me).
New to track? If you’ve never run a track meet before, or never run one of ours, check out our First-Timer’s FAQ for Track Meets. If you have additional questions, just ask!
MileSplit registration: Due to complaints about DirectAthletics, we’re doing registration via MileSplit. It’s what the schools in the area use, and while it’s different from DA, it should be easier once you’ve set up your account. Parents can add multiple kids to their account so it should be easier for families. We’re still learning MileSplit too, but here are some tips to get started:
- Look for the green Register Online Now button in the upper-right corner.
- Individuals should read/watch How do I enter an individual in a meet?
- Club coaches should read/watch How do I enter my team into a meet?
- If you need help, contact MileSplit support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All individuals register as Unattached; teams are only for clubs attending as a group.
- Families should register as individuals; please do not create a team for your family.
- MileSplit is school-focused, so just go with the request for your high school year when creating an athlete, even if it’s a long time ago.
- Choose a division based on what you’ll be paying: Non-FLRC Member if you aren’t a club member, FLRC Member if you are, and Financial Aid if a fee would prevent you from participating. The gender of the division doesn’t matter because we combine everything.
- When entering seed (estimated finish) times, enter anything for the Meet Name where you theoretically ran the seed time. It doesn’t matter at all.
- You can always log in again to change your seed times or events.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask MileSplit support and cc me at email@example.com so I can see where you’re getting stuck.
Looking forward to seeing lots of people in Barton Hall on Sunday, January 15th!