FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, April 10 at 6:15 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will have its monthly meeting tonight, Wednesday, April 10, at 6:15 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, email board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply (and let me know if you don’t get the auto-reply). The link is the same if you’ve previously requested it.

Our board meetings revolve around club and committee activity updates, including a report on the club’s financial position from the Finance Committee and quick coverage of recent past and near future races. Other topics this month include:

• The Diversity & Inclusion Committee’s proposed gender policy and code of conduct.
  • The Diversity & Inclusion Committee’s plans for a regular group run open to all but aimed at providing a Friday night sober space, especially for those in recovery from substance addiction.
  • Possibly putting together a group to ask the ICSD school board to allow track access whenever it’s not in use by a school group.

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month, most notably with regard to our successful Skunk Cabbage race. To give credit where it’s due in public, I’d like to thank the following people:

• Tonya Engst spent many hours developing signs, writing instructions, organizing volunteers, and prepping shirts and medals.
  • Marte Reps was essential for her significant efforts in estimating, ordering, picking up, and managing the food.
  • Equipment manager Gary McCheyne did a great job coordinating all the necessary equipment and setting up and breaking down the course.
  • Special thanks to Bruce Roebal and James Dean for their course marshal work in the hot seat of the busy Route 366/Pine Tree intersection.