FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, August 9 at 6:30 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will have its monthly meeting on Wednesday, August 9, at 6:30 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, email board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply.

Our board meetings revolve around club and committee activity updates, including a report on the club’s financial position from the Finance Committee and quick coverage of recent past and near future races from the Race Committee. We may also be discussing a gender inclusivity policy and guidelines for canceling races when faced with extreme environmental conditions.

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank:

• Lorrie Tily and Chris Irving for directing the Fillmore 5K
  • Tonya Engst for significant work helping me with Trackapalooza
  • Scott Weeks, Brett Shelton, and Steve Wagner for making field events possible at our summer track meets
  • Laurel Gilmer for making her race directing debut with Tortoise & Hare, Patrick Boyle for significant work on the race, and Caitlin Loehr for taking on the Food Director job
  • Heather Cobb for providing water stops on long FLRC Challenge group runs