FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, February 21 at 6:15 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will have its monthly meeting on Wednesday, February 21, at 6:15 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, email board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply (and let me know if you don’t get it for some reason). The link is the same if you’ve gotten it previously.

Our board meetings revolve around club and committee activity updates, including a report on the club’s financial position from the Finance Committee and quick coverage of recent past and near future races. We will also be discussing possible race fee tiers to encourage earlier signups, whether our races should have a base level of consistency when it comes to prize structures, and whether the FLRC scholarship should include high school seniors who don’t compete on a team or who are home-schooled.

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank Sarah Drumheller for directing the Winter Chill 5K Series, Jon Lewis for organizing the Olympic Marathon Trial party, and (with a nudge from Charlie Fay since I don’t usually call out my own work) Adam Engst and Heather Cobb for responding to runner questions and comments in the 2024 Runner Survey.