FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, February 8th at 6:30 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will be having its monthly meeting on Wednesday, February 8th, at 6:30 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, email board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply.

Our board meetings revolve around updates on club and committee activities, including a report on the club’s financial position from the Finance Committee (generally strong!) and coverage of recent past and near future races from the Race Committee. This month we’ll be discussing a proposal to take our trail races cupless (to reduce waste!), some minor governance issues (thrills and chills!), and what to do for Super Frosty Loomis if there’s insufficient snow (bad winter!).

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank Sarah Drumheller for directing the Winter Chill 5K Series, which set new attendance records and helped push FLRC memberships to an all-time high of 728. I’d also like to thank Kate McCormick, who continues to lead the little kid workouts during our popular Tuesday night MITHACAL MILERS workouts and help wrangle the middle-school runners she coaches at Ithaca High School. Finally, thanks to Charlie Fay for serving as the assistant race director for the Hartshorne Masters Mile. He’s the operational lead on race day, overseeing all volunteers and making sure that the meet runs smoothly.

1 Like

@adamengst for some reason I misplaced the meeting link from last month. I’ll email the above address now.