FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, July 13th at 6:30 PM... in person!

And now for something old that’s new again… The FLRC Board of Directors will be having its monthly meeting in person on Wednesday, July 13th, at 6:30 PM. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, you’re welcome to join us at 50 Hickory Road, Ithaca NY, 14850. Please let me know if you’re planning to attend so I can share parking info and the like.

If you’d like to bring a matter before the Board, let me know too, and we can discuss adding it to the meeting agenda.

Our board meetings generally revolve around updates on club and committee activities, including a report on the club’s financial activity and position from the Finance Committee and coverage of recent past and near future races from the Race Committee.

This month’s meeting will include a report from the Philanthropy Committee on grants to club and school teams, discussion of the FLRC Scholarships, discussion of FLRC adopting a trail for maintenance, and a report from the Nominating Committee on how board seats are opening up with regard to our new term limits.

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank our June and early July race directors.

Mickie Sanders-Jauquet did double duty in June as the director of the Twilight 5K and, a mere ten days later, the Tortoise & Hare trail race. Both went off swimmingly, with Twilight bringing in a whopping 364 runners due in part to its connection with the FLRC-supported Girls on the Run program. Your humble president was then aided by a slew of experienced volunteers in putting on our first track meet since last summer. Most recently Vinny Cappadora and Nichole Cappadora directed one of FLRC’s largest, most prestigious, and most challenging events, the Finger Lakes 50s ultra, with 25K, 50K, and 50-mile races. Kudos to all, and many thanks to the club volunteers who helped in large and small ways alike—we couldn’t do it without you.

1 Like