FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, November 8 at 6:15 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will have its monthly meeting on Wednesday, November 8, at 6:15 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, email board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply (and let me know if you don’t get it for some reason).

Our board meetings revolve around club and committee activity updates, including a report on the club’s financial position from the Finance Committee and quick coverage of recent past and near future races. We will also be discussing a possible new course for the Skunk Cabbage Classic, the addition of two more weekly evening workouts, and candidates for lifetime membership.

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank Charlie Fay for organizing the FLRC home meet at TC3 for the PGXC series, which is equivalent to a race directorship, Tonya Engst for captaining the FLRC PGXC team, which includes building rosters, organizing carpools, coordinating post-race lunches, and more. Additional thanks to this year’s PGXC age-group captains for recruiting and building community around their teams: Molly Doruska, Jessica Daily, Julie Barclay, Sandy Gregorich, Banyan Love, Mik Kern, Tristan Lambert, Jesse Koennecke, Charlie Fay, and Carl Franck.

Get Involved

FLRC has committed to organizing a group run every weekend that we don’t have a race, and this is a great way to give back to the community, get your weekend run in with friends, and show off a favorite route. If you’re interested in hosting a group run, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb for details.

Other openings include helping out on the Communication Team, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, or Philanthropy Committee. If you’re interested in any of these, contact me!