FLRC Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, October 11 at 6:15 PM

The FLRC Board of Directors will have its monthly meeting on Wednesday, October 11, at 6:15 PM via Zoom. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, email board-meeting@fingerlakesrunners.org to receive the Zoom connection details via auto-reply (and let me know if you don’t get it for some reason).

Our board meetings revolve around club and committee activity updates, including a report on the club’s financial position from the Finance Committee and quick coverage of recent past and near future races. We also plan to talk about possible fee changes to reduce the volume of last-minute race signups that make purchasing the right amount of food hard, the guidelines for electing lifetime members, and future steps for our Philanthropy and Diversity & Inclusion committees, both of which are open to interested club members—contact me!

I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club in the past month. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank Andrea Kiely, Amy and Scott Dawson, and Jeney Wierman, all of whom led weekend group runs in the past month (and the Dawsons hosted a number of runners on the deck for breakfast afterward!).

The club committed to organizing a group run every weekend that we don’t have a race, and this is a great way to give back to the community, get your weekend run in with friends, and show off one of your favorite routes. If you’re interested in hosting a group run, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com) for details.