FLRC U19 and Super Vets teams win again at our home meet in PGXC #4 2022

Again, sorry for the late recap, @pgxc-flrc and @pgxc-high-noon—COVID exhaustion has been kicking my butt all week. Last Sunday’s home meet at TC3 was big fun in great weather, and we received numerous compliments on Charlie Fay’s course, including this comment from one of the top finishers in the race:

I’ve been running the PGUNYXC Series since I moved here from RI ten years ago, and the TC3 course was quite possibly the best manicured and marked course I’ve seen in that time. If you could pass on my regards to whoever set up, their attention to detail was noticed and very much appreciated. TC3 was a challenging course but I would 100% vote for it to remain in the lineup. Well done!

Full individual are available on RunSignup—I can’t find a public link to team results at the moment. With Jamie Love away again, I captured some photos of the race.

We once again had two team wins in this race! Even without top runner Banyan Love, the FLRC U19 team beat two Syracuse Track Club teams with Ben Lambert, Rahmon Daily, Oliver Lambert, and Aubrey Towle running 2-3-4-10 to win by 3 points.

With all their top runners in play again, the FLRC Super Vets Women’s team of Gill Haines-Sharp, Sandy Gregorich, Lorrie Tily, Anne Shakespeare, and Ruth Sproul tallied just 8 points to beat strong Checkers AC (13 points) and Greater Buffalo Track Club (26 points) teams to bring home more beer for the year.

As far as our other teams went, we took a lot of third- and fourth-place finishes.

FLRC

• FLRC Open Women: 3rd, behind Checkers and STC, but ahead of the Auburn Pulsars
  • FLRC Masters Women: 3rd, behind Checkers and STC, but ahead of GBTC
  • FLRC Vets Women: 3rd, behind GVH and Checkers, but ahead of GBTC

High Noon

• High Noon Open Men: 4th, behind STC A, Checkers, and STC B, but ahead of the Pulsars
  • High Noon Masters Men: 3rd, behind STC and Checkers, but beating out the Pulsars
  • High Noon Vets Men: 3rd, behind GVH and STC, but ahead of Checkers and GBTC
  • High Noon Super Vets Men: 3rd, behind GVH A and STC, but still in front of Checkers and GVH B.
  • High Noon Ultra Vets Men: 3rd, behind STC and GVH, but we were still pumped that we were able to field a full team for the first time, thanks to Joel Leff, Rick Mazzeo, Pete Dady, and Carl Franck.

Individually, we once again brought home some chocolate, with Ben Lambert and Rahmon Daily taking second and third in the U19 category. Also on the men’s side, Joel Leff was third in M70+. On the women’s side, we racked up more podium finishes than before, with Julie Barclay placing third in W40-49, Caitlin Loehr taking second in W50-59, Gill Haines-Sharp placing first in W60-69, and Deb Bliss and Ruth Sproul taking second and third in W70+ (pictured with winner Barbara Sauer (middle) again).

The championship race is tomorrow!

1 Like