FLRC women's roster for PGXC #3 on 10/9/2022

Hi @pgxc-women,

Our October 9 meet is the Checkers home meet, at Akron Falls Park, near Buffalo. I’m excited that this year the course will be completely different—same park, new course. Be sure to download the course map before you go, because it clarifies how to walk from the parking area (same parking area as previous years) to the race headquarters and start line (about a quarter mile).

As usual, only a few of us plan to make the trip to this race, but if you want to join the fun, just let me know and I’ll get you added to the roster.

ROSTER

Open (ages 20–39)

Nobody is a “Yes” at this time.

Masters (ages 40–49)

• Jessica Daily (@maplejh - were you able to sign you and Rahmon up?)
  • Julie Barclay
  • Rebecca Lambert

With Jessica coming, we have enough Masters women to make a team—wonderful!

Veterans (ages 50–59)

• Brenda Osovski (@Brenda_Kirk - how is your leg doing?)
  • Caitlyn Loehr
  • Kim Jackson
  • Tonya Engst

Super Veterans (ages 60-69)

• Anne Shakespeare
  • Sandra Gregorich
  • Deborah Bliss (running down)
  • Ruth Sproul (running down)

WHEN & WHERE
Gun time is 11am, so I recommend arriving a little before 10am. Adam and I will send carpool information later this week. We expect that only 1-2 cars will carpool from the B Lot, so if you know you need a ride (or that you want to drive), watch for that forum post and reply to it so we can make a good plan.

The race is at Akron Falls State Park, 44 Parkview Dr, Akron, NY 14001 (Google map pin).

IF IT IS COLD
It is okay to race in gloves, arm warmers, hats, tights, etc. You can also wear your jersey over a shirt.

JERSEYS
Most of you, maybe all of you, coming to this race have a jersey that you can bring to wear while racing. I will also bring the box of extra jerseys.

See you on the run, Tonya

2 Likes

Yes for Jessica and Rahmon! See you Sunday

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I registered Rahmon on the correct team in run sign up
I saw an open team for high noon
and a u19 for FLRC I put him there but if you need to move him to the correct spot that’s fine!
He really enjoyed the race and is looking forward to this weekend.
Jess

1 Like

Yes, the U19 (under 19) age-group team is an FLRC team. (Last time, I saw Rahmon in the High Noon Open team and I had him moved.) Sorry for not being clear about that, and please don’t worry about it. Adam and I always check carefully and communicate with the PGXC organizers about the rosters. There is a little more manual effort behind the scenes than it might seem upfront. I believe that we will have all four boys who ran last race on the U19 team running again at Akron Falls!

I was just checking again on the Google Sheet and with RunSignUp and @Lorrie_Tily is signed up for Akron Falls with a Yes on the Google Sheet. Lorrie, sorry if I missed your Yes last weekend.

No worry. I added my Y earlier this week when it became clear I could go.

1 Like