High Noon men's roster for PGXC #5 (FLCC) on 11/7/2021

Good day, @pgxc-men! Our fifth and final (and championship) PGXC race is coming up on Sunday, with a hilly 8K race at the Finger Lakes Community College.

Here’s what I’m seeing on the roster spreadsheeet—if this doesn’t match your plans to attend or not, please update the spreadsheet and reply here. If you want to check the team standings, they’re now updated.

FLRC U19

We’re back down to our three stalwarts, but if Ryan Savage and one other want to run, it would be nice to field a team again, as we did at Taughannock. That would also get us the win for the series—currently we’re in a tie with Checkers, who fielded a U19 team at Akron Falls.

• Banyan Love
  • Ben Lambert
  • Oliver Lambert
  • Trent Thibault

Open

We’re looking solid again, which means that if we run well, we could take third again, and we should end up third for the series, behind STC and Checkers, but well ahead of Auburn Pulsars.

• Adam Berkowitz
  • Adam Pacheck
  • Adam Schoene (maybe)
  • Alex Drazic
  • Bill Watson
  • Dylan Hess (maybe)
  • Patrick Milano
  • Sam Lagasse (hopefully!)

Masters

We’re currently in fourth with 8 points, behind Roadkill with 9 points. If we beat them by one place, that puts us in a tie, so we’d both get 1 point for the club cup. If we beat them by two places, we’d take third.

• Aaron Ristow
  • Bill Thibault
  • Damian Clemons
  • Jordan Varano
  • Tristan Lambert

Vets

Assuming that Joey Randall can join us and Jesse’s healthy enough to run, we’ve got a full team. Sadly, it won’t make a difference, regardless, since we’re in fourth place with 9 points and Checkers is in third with 12. There’s no way we can make up that much in one race this year.

• Adam Engst
  • Jamie Loehr
  • Jean-Luc Jannink
  • Jesse Koennecke
  • Joey Randall (maybe)
  • Kevin Nelson

Super Vets

With Casey back in the running, we have plenty of runners for the team. Alas, we’re currently in fifth place with 5 points and the STC B-team has 6 points in fourth and GVH has 11 in third. So there isn’t much we can do to change the standings.

• Alan Lockett
  • Casey Carlstrom
  • Carl Franck
  • Charlie Fay

Columbia and Scott say they can’t make it, so it’s not looking like we’ll have a Masters team.

I’m in for the Masters.

1 Like

Good news, @pgxc-men! I sought out 13-year-old Trent Thibault’s father, Bill, since Trent was second overall in the U19 race at Taughannock, behind a 19-year-old. Bill’s 49 and both he and Trent are signed up for this Sunday’s race at FLCC, and will now be running on our teams. (There’s a slight chance Trent won’t run after a race Saturday, but Bill thinks he’ll be up for it.)

That gets us to four for U19 and with @DamianClemons, back up to a full five-man Masters team.

Let me know of any other changes, since I’ll be submitting the roster later today.

I’m able to run, but haven’t managed to get in much better shape in the last 5 days, so don’t count on me for a stellar performance.

I will not have access to a car on Sunday. Will anyone be able to pick me, and probably Casey, up at the back lot near the bus station?

Glad to hear you can join the rest of the warm bodies that are about all we have this year, Jesse.

If you and @casey want to be picked up, I recommend posting in the carpooling thread so it’s all in one place.

I wish I could be there, but I’ve only just gotten back to the point in post-marathon recovery where I can run a full week of mileage (and even doing that has been more difficult/painful than I expected). I’m going to put off racing for a while so as to avoid any injuries/setbacks.

Thanks for letting me know, Sam, and no worries. I could barely walk for two weeks after my marathon, so I understand.