The FLRC Board of Directors will have its monthly meeting on Wednesday, July 12, at 6:30 PM at my house. All our meetings are open to the public, so if you’d like to attend, reply here or email me at email@example.com and I’ll send you the address. Be sure to say if you’d like to eat pizza too, so we can order enough for you.
Board meetings revolve around club and committee activity updates, including a report on the club’s financial position from the Finance Committee and quick coverage of recent past and near future races from the Race Committee. We will also be talking about policies surrounding possible race cancellations due to extreme environmental conditions, award structure if races allow changing of distances during the race, and more.
I open each board meeting with a quick acknowledgment of those who have gone above and beyond in volunteering for the club recently. To give credit where credit is due in public, I’d like to thank a slew of people—the list includes those who would have been thanked at last month’s board meeting, which was canceled due to needing the evening for the Twilight 5K postponement date.
- Dave Kania, Bethany Schiller, Jesse Koenecke, Bob Talda, and Rich Bernstein for helping to time the Belle Sherman 5K
- Chris Irving and Lorrie Tily for directing the Women’s Distance Festival 5K
- Joel Cisne and Gary McCheyne for directing the Thom B. trail races
- Kris Haines-Sharp and Gill Haines-Sharp for directing the Twilight 5K
- Lauren Milano for stepping up as food director for Thom B and Twilight while pregnant
- Vinny and Nichole Cappadora for directing Finger Lakes 50s, one of our most involved races
- Pete Kresock for helping a runner in distress at Finger Lakes 50s while sweeping the course
- Gary McCheyne for sending a FL50s runner a replacement glass when hers was broken in a fit of pique by the cats she was house-sitting
- Pete Dady and Mike Stone for directing Forest Frolic